The exterior of your home should be as perfectly manicured as the interior of it. After all, it’s the first thing people notice when they pull up to your house. If your home isn’t conveying the message you want it to, it’s time to spruce up your landscaping with the help of design professionals. With so many landscaping companies in Reno to choose from, you might be wondering how to select the one that will do the best job on your yard. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get started.
- Look out for previous work. One of the best ways to find a landscaper that you love is by taking a look at work they’ve done in the past. Whether it’s the pictures on their website or your neighbor’s yard, if you find something that you like, chances are they’ll do a good job for you.
- Make sure they are insured. Landscaping involves heavy tools and machinery. If your landscaper doesn’t have insurance, you could be held liable for any damage or injuries incurred while on the job. Before hiring a company, ensure that the company has proof of Worker’s Compensation and Liability Insurance with aggregate limit with a minimum of $1,000,000. This not only protects the workers handling the project, but it also protects your property. Don’t ever begin a landscaping project without verifying these forms of insurance. It could be a costly mistake.
- Check for valid licenses and certificates. Landscapers should have the proper licenses to do their work. Don’t ever hire anyone that doesn’t have an active license to perform your landscaping. These companies aren’t held to the same standard as licensed businesses. Check for a license and ask to see any other credentials that certify them to do the work they are doing.
- Check with the BBB. Before choosing a landscaper, check their standing with the Better Business Bureau online. If anyone has filed complaints against the business, it will be shown here. Once the complaints are resolved, it’s updated in the company’s queue. Each company is given a letter grade to make choosing the right landscaper easy for you. The higher the letter grade, the better their standing with the BBB is. Hiring a company that is in good standing with the BBB ensures that you have a more positive interaction.
- Ensure that the company has adequate experience. The exterior of your home should only be trusted to the most experienced of landscapers. Ask for references and be sure to call on them. If other friends or family members have worked with that landscaping company, ask them about their experience with them.
- Read reviews online. Check out what previous customers have to say about working with a potential landscaper. By reading online reviews, you’ll get a feel for how that particular business conducts themselves. You only want to hire someone who makes customer relations a priority.
The landscape design of your home should be a priority. If your yard is lacking a certain “je ne sais quoi,” it’s time to do something about it. Hiring landscape designers in Reno ensures that your yard matches your style. From the first plant to the last stone, your designers will have your yard looking sharp in no time.