RENO MAINTENANCE – BRUSH FIRE PREVENTION
It’s that time of year where the Reno temperature is rising, causing property owners to water their plants more often and most importantly maintain any easy flammable objects such as brushes, shrubs, and trees. With California fires hazing the Reno area, it is extremely important to have an emergency plan if there happens to be something in your back yard that catches fire. Here are some few ideas on how to maintain your property from preventing any sort of fire.
- ALWAYS have an emergency family communication plan and an emergency kit that could include a first aid kit, food, water, and supplies that will suffice for at least 72 hours. As well as a list of Reno emergency phone numbers for reference.
- Design and landscape your homes with material and plants that can help contain the fire rather than fuel it.
- Maintain your property from fire-resistant shrubs and trees.
- Clear items that will burn from around the house, including wood piles, lawn furniture, barbecue grills, tarp covering, etc.
- Make sure that your fire break box is completely clear from debris, shrubs, bushes, tress, etc.